Helping Men Overcome Barriers
to Living Fulfilling Lives
What Are Men’s Issues?
It’s not easy being a man, is it? Especially given the mixed messages you hear every day about what it means to be a man – and what a man’s supposed to do or who he’s supposed to be.
- You’re expected to be self-sufficient and independent, BUT “fully commit” to your relationships.
- You’re supposed to be strong and stoic, BUT talk about your feelings and be vulnerable with your partner.
- You’re pressured to perform and rewarded for your ambition at work, BUT are criticized for not spending time with your family.
- You’re supposed to be tough and aggressive in pursuing goals, protecting your family or playing sports, BUT be tender and nurturing when you’re at home.
- You’re rewarded and admired for taking risks, BUT are expected to be cautious driving, to watch your cholesterol levels and to take care of your health.
These conflicting expectations are crazy making – literally. In fact, decades of research shows that these kinds of conflicts in men are linked with increased stress, low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, substance abuse, and dissatisfaction with relationships.
The Good News Is
You CAN Overcome the Problems These Mixed Messages Create
If you’re seeing signs of problems these mixed messages can create, it’s time to get help. These problems don’t get better on their own. And, chances are – since you’re reading this now – you probably have at least some concern about a potential problem.
I specialize in working with men. I can help YOU to overcome the problems mixed messages about manhood have created in your life. Don’t wait a moment longer to let these problems get the upper hand.
Here are some specific men’s issues that guys get help with in therapy:
- postpartum depression in dads
- anger management
- men’s issues
- erectile dysfunction
- concern about moods
- stage of life concerns
- “nice guy syndrome”
If you’d like more info about these topics, you can click on those that are bold.
“Talk therapy” – or psychotherapy or counseling – is a proven effective way to reduce anxiety and depression, and to address stress, low self-esteem, substance abuse, and dissatisfaction with relationships, including "nice guy syndrome." It's also an effective way to feel better about yourself and your life – and ultimately, feel better in your own skin.
5835 College Avenue, Suite D, Oakland, California 94618
In the Rockridge District, serving Oakland, Berkeley, Piedmont, Alameda, Albany, Orinda,
Lafayette, The East Bay & The Greater San Francisco Bay Area. For directions, click here.